We’re looking for a Front-End Engineer who’s passionate about developing our React-based web app in a fast growing startup where data and tech are king.
Objectiv is the decision making tool built specifically for Product Teams. We use sophisticated tech to provide ready-to-use answers that let our customers take their products to the next level, and you’ll be part of the few that build what they experience.
What’s the party about?
You’ll start out doing most of the below, and because we are still an early startup things are always in flux. Together we’ll figure out what your role will look like in a year from now, depending on our shared ambitions:
- Systematically and programmatically tackle complex data visualisation and user interface problems, using a very recent React 16 stack based on vanilla CRA, making sure it’s technically sound and looks awesome.
- Make sure the solutions are lean and scalable across many deployments with minimal configuration and dependency count.
- Deeply understand the problems that you are working on to ensure every aspect is taken care of.
- Help refine the roadmap, both technical as well as for the product, implement and optimize as you go.
- Work closely with senior engineering, design and product teammates to ensure you get the data you need, the backend algorithms are made efficient for all your use cases, and everything operates as smoothly as possible for the user, while learning a ton from your peers.
- Help hire more great colleagues to build a strong and resourceful team as the company grows.
What to bring?
We are looking for a front-end engineer who feels at home at the intersection between UI/UX, computer science, data and product. You understand the why and how of frameworks you choose, and you choose the right ones to address actual problems. You know when and how to compromise between getting things done quickly and taking the time to dive deeper and stretch today's browser capabilities to get what we need. You are a self-driven person who’s capable of tackling very loosely defined problems, but you can also work towards a well defined goal.
This role is a senior, important position in our team, therefore at least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience is required. If you have done something outstanding during your studies, like contributing to open source projects or starting your own company, we encourage you to apply as well. In any case, you have proof that you can / have / are:
- A degree in science, computer science, mathematics, interaction design or similar discipline.
- Experience in how to make things fluid under pressure and you keep your eye on the ball. The occasional deadline gives you superpowers. You get shit done.
- Clearly and effectively communicate solutions or challenges in complex situations within your team. You are not afraid of speaking your mind and sharing your opinions with the rest of the team.
- Believe that hard problems require simple solutions. Sometimes a lot of them :)
You have no fear of...
- Software engineering best practices such as code reviews, automated tests, CI/CD.
- Deep discussions on the tech stack, informing yourself or your peers.
- Experience on the back-end, including (relational) databases.
- Knowledge of data visualisation techniques
- RESTful APIs and asynchronous data fetching.
- Working with Linux, including writing Bash scripts, maintaining CI, etc.
Help industry leaders build the next big thing.